View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Duffster

Me too, Trach. But I know the reason why I was up at those hours. I once again have to take this to the families forums but oh my heart is so heavy today! My ex has been an alcoholic since I've known him and that is one of the things that drew me to him, we liked to drink! But when I was pregnant and then finally sober I started really seeing it and it is bad. Like stumbling, slurring words, bumping into things, falling down stairs. On top of that theres a prescription sleeping pill addiction but the alcohol is the obvious one.

It's no longer my problem, right? Who cares if he drinks himself into a coma, but here's the thing, it is my problem bc he has my kids half the time.

Talk about denial! He's actually been doing ok with the kids, getting them to school on time, homework done, taking them to sports, etc. that I actually thought that he had gotten it together enough and may possibly wasn't drinking when he had them. Ugh! How stupid am I. There were signs, there's always signs. But I was so hopeful, for their sake. I want them to have an involved father!

Then I start getting texts, about what an "absolute mess" he is, people are seeing him at local bars and being "sloppy" drunk. The texts are bad but I just ran into an acquaintance who works at one of the bars and she told me how bad it really is.

There is nothing I can do anyway, which is so frustrating, unless he is caught in the act. Like if he sends me a drunken text when he has the kids and I call the cops to do a well check, or the obvious DUIs, etc. Right now it is all heresay.

Still, my question to you all is do you think it is possible to be that level of an alcoholic half the time and not be a sloppy, drink by yourself at home, fall down drunk the other half of the time? Or is that my denial kicking in again??