View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
aliciagr

Originally Posted by pkkp24 View Post
There were no obvious changes, but looking back there might have been a few red flags. My son has had some medical challenges this past year and has taken my entire attention, so there might have been more where I didn’t notice.

My therapist is an addiction counselor along with PTSD, which is what I’ve been working on. My AH went into liver failure, six months later I found out I was pregnant, two days later I found my mom after she had a massive stroke (she survived, but is disabled), I was put on bed rest for preeclampsia, delivered early, my son was in the NICU for 4 months and had three major surgeries, and then have been swamped by doctor appointments and therapy appointments on top of running my own business. Therapy was a must. However; she will be out of the country for about a month... so I’m so happy I found this group!
It sounds like your doing all the right things. You have been through a lot my friend. I can understand to a certain degree because along with going through tough times with my husband, I also was pregnant and our baby had health concerns before he was born, and then came early. Was in the NICU but not nearly as long as your son. The worry of it all contributed to what my doctor also called depression and anxiety linked to PTSD. I was so worried about post partum depression because I didnt want any of it to affect this precious time when my son is an infant. If you would ever like to chat offline on any of this stuff, your welcome to private message me on this site.