View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MyLittleHorsie

Not to be a psycho stalker, I went back in your posts to see what you do. I am seriously worried about my nonchalant attitude at my stylists now! If they are drunk or high LOL I go to a trendy salon now, thinking about finding an old lady one - but then I'll look like I go to an old lady salon LOL

I gave up a client when I quit smoking, she smoked in her office and her paperwork stunk. She's also a heavy drinker, so now I am glad I quit her. However, my firm is referral only, so me disengaging with a client, given my firm is a niche market, could seriously impact my future clientele. However, I needed to protect my quit. Despite the fact I relapsed when I quit drinking - moving on LOL But I am quit again and that's all that matters.

You have to protect your quit, but I know it is hard, before moving here, I followed my stylist for 15 years through a couple different salons and they all have their own personality. You can literally tell where someone gets their hair cut by the style and if that jives with you as a stylist, and that is your market segment, it can be really hard. Your clientele is your calling card, you can tell someone who goes to a high end salon, medium, mall cheapie or does their own colour in the tub at home LOL I love my stylist, and I want to see her in the salon I see her in, I like the vibe. So I totally see what you are saying, but you have to protect your quit.