View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 11:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
atalose

Boundaries are not rules for you to state and her to follow. Boundaries are all about what YOU will do if she………x, y or z.

You already have a boundary of not answering your phone and engaging with an alcoholic. You had a boundary of not having an alcoholic in your life and you did not uphold your own boundaries and allowed the chaos back in.

Your son is not going to have the relationship with your mom that you wished you did or could. I think keeping the toxic alcoholic out of his life is the healthiest thing to do right now, maybe for a long time.

This is affecting me, she is my biggest trigger, so when she calls and does stupid ****, it bothers me. I dont answer anymore, but the last time I did, last week all of this unraveled.
This is what is going to happen when we disrespect our own boundaries.

Time and distance along with working on your own recovery can bring you a different perspective. Focus on creating the life you want with your son.

She hasn't called me since but she is calling my boyfriend DAILY asking questions. So, yea, she needs to know something.
No, your boyfriend needs to set his own boundaries with her and not feel obligated to answer that phone.