Old 01-22-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Hi MisterM,
sorry to hear of your difficult living situation at home ad I think you've received some good advice.

I may be reading incorrectly here but it seems as though you want people on these SR to tell you that moving to LA is the right thing and best thing for you to do. no one can tell you that. We can share experiences, as I did earlier on, but no one can make the decision for you. you say everyone in your life is against the move. you do seem to be acting on what others say and tell you to do quite a lot. do what is right for you.

Are there other options? eg stay in NYC which gives you the opportunity to continue with your education but find somewhere else to live. Can you look into rehab in NY so you're not changing everything all at once? Or maybe move somewhere else, closer to NY but further enough away for a change and some distance. Moving totally across the country with no job and no car and no idea what awaits you does seem pretty extreme.

As Icoi says maybe try a different crowd, go to different AA meetings, go to several every day if you need to.