Thread: A phonecall
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 12:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by EliL View Post
In early recovery I used to think that my ex heavy drinking pals were just trying to pull me back down,some kind of conspiracy to keep me in misery. I learned through experience that is not true at all. Don’t get me wrong I knew the kind of guy who took pride in getting others wasted but most of them were just trying to have a laugh with like minded people, ie other drinkers.

I found out that my problem drinking is my problem, the other heavy drinkers didn’t want to stop, didn’t see it as a problem and were prepared to face any consequences or make lifestyle changes if necessary. Sure they might all be in denial but that’s what they believed. Point is if I think I’ve got a problem, I’ve git a problem but don’t expect others that follow a similar lifestyle to see it as a problem as it isn’t for them.

Hope that helps?
Yeah I think I get what your saying. It is 100% my problem, I don't think any of my friends have a problems with alcohol they seem to enjoy their night and move on the next day. I would still be up rattling about the house drinking or being sick.
And that's where the lack of understanding comes in with friends/family because none of them see that and iv never told them. Again my problem and possibly shame to admit it to anyone.
My family possibly have problems with alcohol they do drink alot, iv grown up with it around me. It's funny it's not something we speak much about.

I'm hoping with time I'm just accepted as a non drinker and that's all there is to it.