View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
August252015

Wow.....like a lot of us - you've laid out plenty of good reasons to quit. Like a lot of us....you are bargaining with what it sounds like you know you need to do. Only you can decide to quit and stay that way- and discover what life is, indeed, like without alcohol.

What I can tell you with absolutely certainty is that - FOR ME and, truthfully, many people I know- it is possible, vastly better and in every way clearer, more peaceful and more rewarding to live without alcohol. There is not one single thing that was better in this alcoholic's life when I was drinking. Nothing.

It took me a long time to get to the point I was just DONE. My life is indeed completely different than it was when I was drinking - thank God. I work a dedicated AA program and will have 23 mo sober in three days.

I'm a truly happy person overall, I married a wonderful man who just happens to have been my high school sweetheart (I am 41 and we reunited just before I turned 40 and married this past Dec), I have only good people in my life who are trying to live their best lives (whether alcoholics or not), my calendar is full, decisions are far easier and better.....you get the idea.

I am beyond grateful I took the "leap" into sobriety. I lost a LOT before I got to that point - I hope you don't let that happen to you.

Long answer to your thread topic question - I wish you the kind of life that I have in sobriety. Best to you.