View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ljc267

In my experience, and from what I have read alcoholism happens in stages. I, like you, only drank on the weekends at first. It was almost always fun, occasionally not, but I always drank on a different level then most.

Then I progressed to drinking on the weekdays on occasion. Then everyday, but only a few during the week and a lot on the weekend. This progressed to a 6 pack a day to 8 to 10 to 12. You get the picture. For a while I functioned well but as time went by I functioned less well. Until I got to the point where I didn't want to do anything that didn't involve drinking.

I became miserable and trapped. Needless to say, it took me 15 yrs of drinking everyday to finally realize that I needed to quit.

My advice to you would be don't follow my path, because if you keep going the way you were going you probably will.

Take what happened as a wake up call and a sign that you drink in a way most others do not.

To answer the question. It's a lot easier living without alcohol when you lived the way I did. Believe me.

Last edited by ljc267; 01-18-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: addition