View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 04:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
LB,
You have a plan, it doesnt mean that it has be to executed today. Winters are long. If you can get out in the "sun" and fresh air for walks. It brings yourself back to life. Look where you are today and where you were a year ago or 5 years ago. Life is so much better.

Keep the faith that you have really good options for your future. We all need a plan or a goal!! Hugs!!
I worked out a few things about myself and one is I self isolate a lot. It's easier then being among people who do not get me. I haven't met anyone working on issues due to being with an active alcoholic for 20 years. Or having two adult disabled people to care for. Someone actually said I was "using them as an excuse" like if I just stopped caring for them they'd miraculously stopped being disabled. Married people I know say I should enjoy being single when they went from parents to a husband or wife and have never been single since they were like 18 and have NO idea how hard it is. Also I am not free to do as I like. Last night my diabetic autistic son didn't come home from training or answer his phone. By the time he was 2 hours late and it was dark I walked up to the training centre in the pouring rain and his tutor, who was working late, said he had left hours before. I eventually found him in town but most parents would not have to be out looking for a 19 year old. People he was with clearly thought I'd lost the plot when I found him but I know his medical issues and he acted out of character so I was worried.

With this self isolation comes depression cos I honestly cannot see anyway out of it. I used to walk a lot with my dog but ds is scared of them cos exah told him the dog was evil so when he came to live with me my dog had to be re-homed. I know nothing will change unless I can but it just takes time.