View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 02:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bombshell

Thank you all for your replies. About getting a sponsor, how does that work? Do I have to ask someone or will someone offer to be my sponsor? I'm not sure of the etiquette!

I was told at the meeting that exact phrase - 'keep coming back'. I haven't been back to one yet and have, to be honest, been drinking since. But I definitely will go back. I still can't take in the fact that I was sitting in a room with so many people who understood and had the same problem as me. It was a bit mind blowing, I don't think I've properly processed it yet. I kept feeling ashamed and then telling myself I didn't have to feel ashamed with these people who were in the same boat as me.

TomSteve - thank you - I've downloaded the big book on my kindle and have started reading it. I did get some numbers also but I'm too shy to ring them. I've been texting one girl but haven't told her when I've been going to drink. It's partly feeling too shy to reach out but also not wanting to be talked out of drinking, if I'm honest.