View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sam721

How can she do this to her kids?!

Last year my older sister was diagnosed with 4th stage liver cirrhosis.
Its been over a year, with a few hospitalizations and 2 psychward stays yet, shes still drinking.. at least a bottle a day, im guessing more. She has 2 young kids and we cant seem to help her.. She has told me shes going to die and she doesnt seem bothered by it.
We just lost an aunt to a terrible and short battle with cancer due to alcoholism.
Our mother was an acoholic when we were growing up, but we both swore we would never be like that..
Now its our mom that had to bath her and hold her up to walk so we could get her into the hospital 2 weeks ago..
She refuses to go to her liver dr. And shares no information about her appointments she does go to.
Sorry if this is all rambled..
My mom called and told me she found 12 empty bottles in her hiding spot that she cleaned out less than 2 weeks ago while my sister was hospitalized.
I feel like I need to say something to her but shes the older sister.. usually its her confronting me.
What do I do?! I feel if i dont do anything ill deeply regret it when its too late. We used to see eachother every day, talk all the time.. now we talk maybe once a week, see eachother maybe once a month..
I miss my sister. The fun one. The responsible one. The one I looked up to

Sorry again. Just so confused