Old 01-13-2018, 12:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
MisterM

Thanks MindfulMan. Even if I don't get a full time career in film/television just being near the place where it all takes place is exciting. And you are right both places have their good and bad. Since I am only on Day 2 I definitely want to give things a bit more time so I can think clearly and make a decision.

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
There are temptations in both places. If you are pursuing a career in acting and film, trust me you will meet a lot of people who are in recovery. Or desperately need to be.

I have a friend that lived in NYC for a time and left because he ended up doing a lot of cocaine and could not stop. When he moved to LA he became an alcoholic. He's now in recovery and doing well in LA, after being through a good outpatient program.

Triggers abound everywhere. Living in an isolated rural environment also has its dangers.

They have graduate programs in Los Angeles, as well as flights to the East Coast multiple times a day.

Follow your gut. Both are viable options.

A counselor is a good resource, but it might not be enough for you. I found using multiple tools was the most effective for my sobriety.