Old 01-13-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MisterM

Hi Anna! Thank you for the positive reinforcement. I haven't decided on what to do but I can't keep relapsing where I am currently it is terrible. Yes, healthy living and the recovery community out there is vibrant and makes me want to stay sober.

I have met many people here in NY that literally work hard every morning/afternoon and come 5PM they are able to use hard drugs and go into work the next day! It is almost as if there's a sort of acceptability or "norm" of using where I am. It makes me doubt the importance of sobriety. I feel so disconnected from my HP here too. I know there are healthy individuals out here too but they are rare. It is almost as if everyone out here is working as much as they are using and they are able to function! I don't know maybe it is because that is the energy I am attracting but there is something about nicer weather that makes living and staying sober just a tad bit easier and worthwhile.

The cold weather, hook up using spots in NYC, and lack of resources for sobriety are not going away out here but my life sure is.

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I believe that where I live does play an important role in my mental health. I have a hard time with cold Eastern Canadian winters and dreary, grey days. I have been to LA many times and I love it. There is so much emphasis on healthy living, on being outside walking/running/roller-blading and just enjoying the sunny days. It sounds to me like you have a good plan for treatment and support when you arrive there.