View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
SPF 77

Originally Posted by jpeace2
I was in such denial about having a problem because I wasn't drinking every day, and it is only because of some wonderful people here who set me straight that I was able to finally "get it" that I too was an alcoholic.

You Know though this quote brings up a valid point. I always wonder about this; real problem versus people telling people they have a real problem and those people becoming convinced they do. I forget what that's called something superposition I think. Take this for example...there are people out there who are convinced that people who drink two glasses of wine daily have a problem with alcohol and tell them they do. Suddenly some of these people might think they have a problem and become convinced of this fact. Even though really chances are they didn't.

Now I know some of you might say "Denial" and all that...and while I DO Think Denial does play an important part in people who have problems...I also think that there are people who really dont have an problem who are sort of "coersed (can't spell that right now) into thinking they do..with that coesrsion being backed by the concept of denial.

And hey JPeace..this was in no way a jab at you bud ...its just the way this quote was phrased I find helps illustrate this obsrevation of mine.