View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MyLittleHorsie

Originally Posted by chowchow View Post
Mylittleyhorsie - those are all good points. We also have a lot of animals, including horses, and that's a lot of work too but that's one thing I truly love and to give them up is something I can't even consider even though my husband complains about them incessantly.
I get sent to the barn when I get too cranky LOL. I have a beautiful little pinto gelding, who was gelded way too late I go hug him when I am upset or overwhelmed. Funny thing, we bought three new horses in December, a herd disbursement. The youngest mare is a little fireball, red head, she kicked me once, she took off once and I chased her around the manure pile, after that, her and I had a fight in the barn and then I lunged her until she dropped - I find the longer I get sober, the better she behaves. She has become almost like a mirror for me. She was actually giving kisses last night! We have horses that work in therapy, I have joked she won't make it until about 40, but she has really surprised me lately. The day we had our come to Jesus, I was alone with the horses, about 6 weeks sober and made a stupid mistake with a new, green horse (her), I let my hand slip leading her to a paddock. It was one of those, poor me, nobody understands days. Which after you have dealt with the panic of a loose horse, no help and getting kicked is just made so much better... I had a good cry when all was said and done, alone. I wouldn't give my horses or dogs or cat up for the world, they do something good for my soul