Thread: What changed?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
OpheliaKatz
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Can you depend on him to help you resolve your feelings right now? Because relationships/marriage counseling is supposed to be a two-way street. He has to be able to fully participate for either of you to benefit from it.... .

If you're going ahead with this, I would advise (based on my experience and therefore may not be applicable to you) to not hold back. If you are angry, be angry. I walked on eggshells for years because I held back.... afraid that if I said how angry I was, it would give him a reason to drug more. I didn't realize that I was not the cause nor could I cure the addiction (that was before I found SR). For me, relationships/marriage counseling had zero effect except to waste my time and money. What really helped was Naranon/SR/and books about codependency. That was help for me and me alone.

Originally Posted by Angrymarble View Post
I don’t know if he can deal with both but if I’m focused on me and my feelings then I need this. He seems to only lie when intoxicated and that wasn’t all the time. It was to cover up that he had been drinking.