View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 08:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
TheToddman

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
I went through klonopin withdrawal on my own at home. The most agonizing three days of my life, and it took nearly 6 weeks to start feeling normal again. My doctor had tapered me down, but it was a 3 day taper which was ridiculously short. I was also drinking on top of it.

Whatever you do, it should be done VERY SLOWLY, especially if you have been on a relatively high dose for a long time. Do some online research to be your own advocate, and work closely with a doctor.
Ditto to what this guy said. It can't be overstated that it's a slow process and ONLY should be done under the care of a physician. I was on klonopin for over 15 years. Granted, I never needed to increase above the 1mg maintenance dose I was on but was scared to death of the withdrawal I heard so much about. It can be done and I did do it without debilitating symptoms. I hope you can walk through it, as it could afford you a lot of freedom. You (and your doc) will ultimately have to weigh if it makes sense for you to be off them vs. the alternative.

Glad you made it here. Welcome. You're in the right place

T.