View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 03:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
InApickle

Originally Posted by REM700 View Post
Went around 90 days, then had a glass of wine with dinner at Thanksgiving.. Won't do that again. Turned into a 6 week binge right up to my old consumption levels.

My last quit was aided by a home detox prescription from my doc which made things much easier than they would have been otherwise. This time around I was too embarrassed to return, so I started a 3 day taper on New Year's Day.

All I can say is, the last four days have been horrible. No eating, sleeping, barely able to keep down water.. Yuck!! All the while having to come in to work and try to run a business. Spent a lot of time with my office door shut, lying on the floor with a blanket.

On the upside, I'm on day 2 now and I woke up feeling fantastic. I'm pretty sure the acute withdrawal is over. Think I might hit my first meeting today or tomorrow.

I have 362 sober days available in 2018. I don't intend to waste them.

Many many problems in life where we fall off our horse and lay wriggling in the mud, this does not just relate to Alcohol!
But every time we fall (and it can be a billion times) we slowly learn!

So falling off is ok, getting back up might seem to take forever but in the end we all manage this even if we get back on and fall off again straight away.

The art is not beating yourself up because you fell, you're no longer laying there wriggling in the mud, that ground is behind you, it is the past, its gone, as gone as yesterday.

Not much point dwelling on it, dwelling on it serves no purpose but to beat yourself up mentally thinking about it whilst you attempt to ride forward again!

Everybody falls off, absolutely everybody.

Don't worry about it!