View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

It took me a while, chowchow, before the true blessings of sobriety began to manifest themselves. Now, I cannot imagine anything BUT a sober life; it is that good - truly.

Imagine the process of starting a tree from a seed or nut. The seed needs to be planted in fertile grounds and requires nourishment and care until it can thrive on its own.

You have planted the seed, chowchow, by choosing sobriety. Nourish it by taking good care of yourself; eat healthful foods, drink plenty of water, get plenty of rest, get some fresh air each day, treat yourself the way you deserve to be treated - with respect and kindness. The seed will germinate; you will begin to feel stronger; it will take root and you will begin to feel energized. Sprouts will push through the ground and respond to the sun; you will begin to feel a gratitude for sobriety - all the while continuing to treat yourself with tenderness and respect. The tender shoots will become a trunk with branches; you will begin to really feel the blessings of sobriety and realize that sobriety is what and who you are.

It is a process and takes time. Watch for the goodness and let it take hold in your life.

You will never regret it; I promise.