View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 03:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hangnbyathread

You are doing it the right way. No assets, nothing to really fight over. Stuff doesn't have all that much value in the scheme of things.

I have been divorced once. My ex during the whole process said and did things that made me out to be the horrid monster. So what. Don't take your eye off the ball. She tried everything in the book for 3 years to try and make the facts different. In the end nothing was ever going to be true in front of the judge. She knew it. But she had an attorney that convinced here that she was gonna get it all from me.

She got nothing. The courts lowered the boom on her. She was told to leave the house within 24 hours and she could only take what she could fit in her car. It was a little car.

For years I simply wrote off any friends we had together. The stories she tole were amazing, far reaching and all over the place. Until about a year or so ago. Oddly 2 couples that we knew for years who didn't know each other and were nowhere near me or each other, reached out to me and said that even after the divorce she continued to try and trash me. They finally came to the conclusion that she was the one that getting overzealous about things.

They have since apologized profusely for ever taking her side and feel horrible about it. I forgave them. But that doesn't mean things will ever be the same. I mean I can forgive that they were lied to, but many years have passed now and I survived without them and moved on in life.

Get him behind you as quickly and cleanly as you can. Don't fight over stuff. It wouldn't be long and you wouldn't want it anyway.

People are going to judge. If you stayed with him they judge, if you leave him they judge. You have to live with you, no one else.

I never had a problem looking in the mirror and questioning if I felt remorse for my choice or question my integrity in the process.