Old 01-02-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cobber3

44 days no booze and in a funk (depression?)

looking for a little advice here. This is not my first time getting sober (unfortunately) and i know the process but Ive been in this little depression funk for the last 4 days and can't seem to shake it. I have had them before when i was sober for 7 months and they would last two days and then lift like a fog. A counselor at an IOP who I am friends with suggested its just PAWS but I wanted to hear from people who have lived it. Now i know that many have had underlying depression that they have masked with booze and I have really never been depressed ever, only these little fits throughout sobriety. And I know you all know, my brain said, "have a couple beers and you will feel right as rain". I have never worked a program throughout any of my attempts with sobriety and have now understood thats why none of them have stuck. I am going to meet with a counselor just to talk today and then follow that up with a meeting and start building a proper support network.

What I am asking is, are these "funks" part of recovery and if so, how have you dealt with them? I am by no way, shape or form, drinking again, so i will deal with it but its a bit scary to not feel like yourself and I wanted to hear from someone who has actually been through it.

Appreciate ya!