View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 08:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blessed4x

I never wanted to be back here

I'll try to make a very long story short. Divorced AH 8 years ago due to drinking, he went to AA, counseling, etc. I remarried him the same year. He stayed sober for a few years and then gradually started drinking again and with every month and year that went by my line of what I would tolerate also moved further and further. Fast forward to a few weeks ago while picking up my daughter at school, the principal comes out to tell me that she had shared with a friend (who in turn shared with the principal...thank goodness!) that her dad drinks too much and she was afraid he would hurt her mom (me) or himself. So it must be dealt with again and I have all sorts of emotions about how and why I have let it get to this point, but I'm trying not to beat myself up too badly and just move forward to repair what damage I can. When I discussed the situation with him, he said he would "just quit". We all know how that went.....he did, for two whole weeks, then woke up 2 days ago and downed a couple liters of vodka, picking up right where he left off.

I have been open with my family and a few close friends, which is different than last time. I have a couple adult children now who are also very supportive. I'm not even sure what I am looking for here, other than maybe a place to hash out my thoughts and get support for doing the hard things. Even that sounds silly, because really, haven't I been doing the hard things all along?!

Thanks for listening. I appreciate it.