Old 12-31-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Hi, I also struggle with sugar. I've tried cutting down, changing what I eat etc. When I quit drinking it gets worse too. Proabbly the sugar in the alcohol sates my sugar cravings.

The only way for me is to cut it out completely. It takes about a week for me to feel better but after a week I feel amazing. I genuinely have no desire for anything sweet once it's out of my system. The problem is I can never stock at it!The first few days are pretty rough but it's worth it for feeling better. I'm currently doing it now after the excesses of Christmas.

I'm only sharing my story, please check with your doctor as it can be dangerous. think your body goes into ketosis cutting out sugar and carbs in one go.

Of course it's better to eat an all round healthy diet but that just doesn't work for me. One piece of chocolate or but of sugar and I crave it like a drug. I suppose it is a drug isn't it. As someone said "sugar is the cocaine of the food industry" No idea who said it just remember readin it somewhere.

anwyay, there are other members on here who have been successful with cutting out/reducing sugar and i'm sure they;ll be along soon

Congrats on 51 days sober btw