View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
JJ991

Ah wildflower, look at all the support on here for you, that should tell you something, that you need to stay!

I found SR after being sober for quite a few weeks so it is very different for me. I still need support, I even got loads on Christmas Day as I was having a tough time, and people were here for me which was a godsend.

I certainly don't get fed up with people relapsing or still drinking, I had a tough time getting to this point, I did it with the help of an alcohol counsellor & a support group.

You will sometimes see the comment that you have to WANT to give up which I know can be confusing. For me, I knew I HAD to give up but I just didn't manage it for such a long time. Did this mean I wasn't ready and didn't WANT to? It certainly didn't feel like that, but maybe. In the end I forced the issue and walked into the GP to tell them what I drank. It was a horrible time after that, counselling etc, but I finally managed. How long it takes is irrelevant, it is getting there that matters.

Xx