View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

Hey Miko,

I think we gotta do what we gotta do to remain Sober, there are many ways to achieving the common goal of Sobriety and they're not all the same, SR is testament to that, there are many different sections within the Forum that have many different people remaining Sober through different ways.

I personally didn't get Sober through working the AA or other steps, they were something I learnt about and complimented my original plan for Sobriety afterwards.

Sobriety though I think has some common themes, I needed to revolutionise my lifestyle, my habits, my actions, the people I associated with, I had to get honest and get real about my drinking, commit to it being all or nothing, no half measures, and do everything in my power to make it stick by ensuring I had plenty of daily support.

The steps I guess provide a clear, tried and tested method to get started, that many can testify worked for them, but the same result can be achieved though more of a DIY approach to creating an individual plan.

The common denominator here though is that there is a plan, and it's executed robustly, nothing is left to chance or wishful thinking!!