Thread: Looking younger
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
So true, so true! According to everyone else, I have never looked better in my life. According to me, I have never felt better. Win-win (I think I look pretty good too!).

My body is so capable now- a 5K is no prob (my husband and I did one a month this year) and I love how hot yoga (a lot of it!) makes me feel. Even on the "bad" days.

We just got married Dec 1 and (at 22 mo sober and full of the promises of AA and living a life together in recovery every day) I know I've never been better in any way because every aspect of my life is in coherence and at its best.
I'm on day 12, August. You seem so secure in your sobriety and happy in it. For me, it's still hard, a lot of up and down emotions. A shocking amount. One moment alcohol seems like poison to me, 2 hours later it feels like someone's told me I can never have a sip of water again and yet I'm living in the desert. I'm curious, you mentioned "bad days", which I think means days you want to drink. If this is accurate, I'd be interested to know how often you, a person who seems happy in sobriety, has "bad days". I'm trying to figure out what my future holds. Sigh.