Thread: Fake Wine
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
tealily

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Then I decided to just walk to the beat of my own drum, and that those who mind don't matter.

BB
Truth. And good life advice in general!
No one cares. We are the ones obsessing about drinking/not drinking/what we are drinking or not drinking. The farther you get from it, you realize how ridiculous and unhealthy it is.

Non alcoholic drinks remind me of the fake bubblegum cigarettes that were around for children when I was a kid. Is that really a good idea, to "fake smoke"?

I get that some might like the taste of NA beer or wine but that's hard for me to see. Generally it's pretty gross. And we are lucky now that there are so many great seltzers, sodas, etc. I was out with a group the other night at a restaurant that had an extensive "mocktail" menu. I wasn't trying to "fake" drinking, it was just fun to try all the various drinks that were festive and celebratory and not so sweet. I had mulled cranberries with ginger and rosemary and seltzer in a fun glass. Lovely!

At the end of the night, I felt great, and I drove. Sometimes it's hard to not feel superior (that's my battle) but in the meantime I"m enjoying the new non-drinking way to be out and about. It has huge advantages!

Celebrate that! Who needs to fake drink? Or fake smoke, or fake drug?