View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Fusion

For me, NIC, it was an event, just the same as the event when I was finally diagnosed with life-threatening asthma, after nearly losing my life in my twenties due to undiagnosed asthma and a class A attack that almost killed me. So the asthma event was being diagnosed and prescribed two inhalers, which I take each day.

In the same way, I was addicted to alcohol, it was killing me, I made a Big Plan, then I utilised Addictive Voice Recognition Technique, to filter out and negate the AV, each day, but unlike asthma, the AV lessened, but I maintained my AV radar, so that I remained in the NOW, it’s always the NOW and thereby I became permanently Booze free.

Asthma free, Booze Beast free: they were both events, after the initial investigation and learning processes.

That’s not to say that other processes cannot render my life, post alcohol, better. I will never drink again and never change my mind, but nonetheless, independently from the addiction, now dealt with, I am now actively dealing with my negatively biased brain (by design - lizard brain fight, freeze or flight reacting to sabre -toothed tiger- which is madness because they don’t exist where I live) by choosing to grow a positive mindset, to include music, art, meditation, gratitude lists (I know...but they work scientifically) excercise, nutrition. But as I said, these adjuncts are separate from the fact that I will never drink again, no matter what, although they do improve my life.