Old 12-16-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
axeman5971

I tested high for the first time in my life back in May. It scared me from drinking for a few days, until it didn’t - I went right back to drinking. Thankfully, my drinking got worse. I know that’s a weird statement, but it got worse enough for me to realize I needed real help. I entered treatment - intensive outpatient. I haven’t had a drink since August 6th. I am so excited to tell my doctor this Thursday and redo my blood work.

Now, I am not a doctor or a therapist, but having spent a few months with some who specialize in this disease and its treatment, I would suggest thninking twice about the Sinclair method. I researched it and wanted it to be true - a pill that can make me drink normally or that would re-wire me sounds amazing. It’s not for me, though. Total abstainence and recovery of my life and thought process was the way to go, and it is possible. Can it work for you? I really, genuinely hope it does. That would be amazing for you in so many ways. If it doesn’t, there is still hope!