Old 12-15-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
heavencanwait

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
al,

Prayers.

I sit here worrying about such nonsense and there are folks worrying about cirrhosis.

I relate to your suffering mainly. I somehow managed to break the grip of physical addiction after 40 plus years of binging.

Mentally, I am still healing. I could end up dying from what I did to my body, but I am off the booze at least and nearly med free.

I relate to craving as well. I crave a bit each day, but I don't give in.

I remember the hell I came out of. It took over 2 years to get to this state of grace and it is amazing.

I still obsess like a wack job, but focusing on the present, trying to enjoy what I have built, and planning for the future are my go to moves when I get into my obsession funk.

That pales in the light of what you are facing.

I will offer that stopping drinking and getting clean took 2 years. I had blood work done recently and I have entry level high BP and cholesterol.

I am on meds for both, potentially for the rest of my life.

Again, nothing compared to your situation.

Someone will come along and offer something helpful I hope.

Telling you to be strong etc. doesn't do much. It is ok to cry. I have cried like a baby several times since beginning my sober life.

Thanks.
Thank you for your post. It has seemed to ease my mind a little. I am going on 6 months sober after almost 40 years of alcohol addiction. I am going in for the "test" in January. I have given my liver over 6 months by then to go through the healing process. I don't think I have anything wrong, as I never experienced any symptoms, but like you said, getting an ultrasound done as well will reveal if there is anything going on. I have my fingers crossed.