Old 12-15-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by calvinm16 View Post
Yep that's your "Alcoholic Voice" aka AV talking to you. I'm pretty new to recovery, 118 days since my last drink. I only recently discovered what "AV" meant and I'm now able to differentiate the logical part of my mind and the AV. My AV likes to literally tell me to drink pretty much any time I feel joy, pleasure or anxiety, sadness.. Alcohol "medicated" my psychological issues temporarily until it became a problem and actually started amplifying them. Anxiety, depression and overall just quality of life went down the drain once I started drinking alcohol on a daily basis.

Thanks for posting this, I'm not happy someone else is experiencing the same torturous and monotonous thoughts but it is comforting knowing I'm not the only one.

P.S I was thinking today would be a good day to grab a 6 pack of budweiser because it's a blizzard here and I have the next couple days off work. It was a pretty heavy voice in my head saying to do it. I was able to grab a pepsi instead.
Ever vigilant. I’m at about 82 days. The voice is loud lately. I’m concerned enough that I’m considering stepping up my game, both in traditional and non traditional ways. Drinking is never an option.

Thanks for your input.