View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WillowWisp442

Changes in behaviour

So, This is about my mum who in 2012 had a car accident that left her injured, depressed etc. She turned to the bottle and since then has been drinking. Its basically scotch, She would drink from say 12-1pm all the way until she goes to bed say 9-10. The past few weeks have been bad but my father and I have been trying to work on her to cut down.

Rather than stop cold turkey my dad has got her to agree to only have a couple of drinks when and if they go out to lunch & there is no alcohol at home, She agreed and even though its only been 2 days i can tell the difference in her already. My only concern is shes a lot more quiet and seems more on edge, snappy if you will. I've been telling myself it's like when I forget to take my anti depressant for a day.

Is this something that will pass? Is what were doing right?
My father and I are anxious people so we sometimes hound her asking whats wrong etc, I can't imagine that does her any favours. My biggest fear is obviously losing my mother, Every damn time she goes to the doctor for a check up her liver is fine I have no idea how that's even possible but I fear that wont be the case one day.