View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mango blast

No Contact initiated by others

After going No Contact with my parents, my brother and, when needed, my husband... I now embrace it as a wonderful gift.

Now I'm seeing how often I'm on the other side of No Contact with my adult children. It's been said again and again with actions - lack of contact, no time spent with me when we're together, busy-ness in their own lives.

It doesn't matter WHY this "no contact" has come about, what matters is this day and my recovery.

I'm creating gift packages for the holidays that are fun, affordable and from the heart, with no expectations. Driving many miles to see them, give DS10 some time with them and am greatly enjoying the JOURNEY. Each day is taking care of itself. I'm able to say "No" without guilt, make connections and move on.

Yesterday DS10 and I slept in late, played games, explored the local mall together and ate a late lunch before a short visit at my daughter's house to say good-bye to her and her family. I'm no longer going to stay around places where ACTIONS show I'm not wanted. Life is meant to be LIVED, not suffered through.

Keeping up my support network while traveling, as I've gotten very used to doing. Alanon, Grief support meeting and an open AA meeting so far this week.

I'm recognizing I'm going through a lot of intense healing right now. That this needs priority.

Today has started with smiles, laughter and relaxation time for DS10 and I. We're back in another city we feel quite at home at and have holiday events we're going to here today. We've been ombining learning with fun... and the holidays keep bringing many more opportunities to do this!