View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ghostlight1

I wasn't exactly Mr. Sunshine when I first walked into the rooms I didn't say anything, I didn't go to the meeting after the meeting group. But I listened at the meetings. It changed me.
My sponsor sent me to a hospital on a twelve step call while I was on step four (it was close to where I was living) and I spoke to that man and gave him a Big Book.
I'm just not an outgoing person and rarely speak to people in general, except my close friends.

I did do one thing. I volunteered to work the AA help line. The man in charge gave me Sunday mornings from 9am till 1pm. And this is in a major city.
You had to have six months sober to do it.
I spoke to those people, and man, I spoke with some doosies. Others where just looking for a meeting. Those who were interested in getting in the program I handed over to people with longer sobriety.
I really enjoyed talking to the callers and I highly recommend it for anyone serious about AA.
I did, of course, screw it up by drinking. But it was pretty hard to drink with a head full of those calls.
But I digress.
I am a changed person beaus e of AA, my Higher Power and this place. I post here a lot. As I just moved to another major city, I haven't been to a meeting yet. I know exactly where to go, too.

And I may speak. I will listen. It does change me.