Thread: Is it normal..?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sarah84

Is it normal..?

Anyone who has read my recent posts will know that my now ex boyfriend is a cocaine addict who has left me for a woman who uses too.
I've decided to cut my losses and not hang around, but I'm left with a few questions and one of them stems around their change in behaviour towards us.
He could always be mean, shutting off contact for days to 'punish' me if we'd had an argument, but then most of the time, he was lovely. (When it suited him eh?!) he could be supportive, sweet, and affectionate.. honestly most of the relationship was great.
His recent treatment of me has left me thinking that literally, he's 'not there' any more. His personality has basically gone and all that's left is a shell of a man with only cocaine addiction. No person, just addiction. Yeah he goes about his daily business, he goes to work, drives his car, goes shopping, sees his 'friends' etc, but it's like he's just walking, talking addiction. He's cold, cruel, mean and downright nasty to me.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is this normally what happens to addicts eventually? Has anyone else felt this same way as me?
Any thoughts and opinions welcome. Thanks.