View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
BAW81

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
But they do. They can say what a b***** we are and can continue drinking. They can also tell all who will listen how crazy we are. Disengagement is the only way.
I will admit, knowing that my STBXAH has convinced himself that I am to blame for everything and goes on a smear campaign to his family and friends does sting...no, I'll be honest it's INFURIATING.

I'm trying to get better at accepting that it doesn't matter what he says and again this is another behavior I cannot control. I know who I am, I am at peace knowing all of my actions are from a good place, and if others believe him then "oh well."

It isn't worth my energy worrying about what others believe about me. As long as I can close my eyes each night knowing that tried my best to do the right thing then its just going to have to do for now.

One of my friends said something to me the other day and it resonated with me, she said "God is watching. God knows what you're doing and why you're doing it. " I'm trying to remember that when friends tell me about the lies he's spewing to anyone that will listen.