Thread: Not coping
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 02:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sickofthiscrap

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Welcome back SOTC, and thank you for sharing such a heartfelt post.

I am sorry to hear about your mom's cancer, and glad you are going to be there for her, and being sober will allow you to be completely present. There are many resources out there for caretakers, and you may want to look into them as you navigate through your mom's treatment. Also, there are organizations who can help with transportation for people undergoing cancer treatment. Finally, don't feel like you need to put this all on you. Reach out to your son,info even if they are far, they may be able to help investigate options to assist with caretaking duties. Also, look into outside help that may be available to your mom through insurance.

Start studying for the license, it will open up many options for you in being able to help your family, and being able to go where you want.

Looking forward to seeing you on here!!!
Hi Delilah and thanks for the welcome and the tips about caretaking. I don't have a son but my brother is moving closer and will be around a bit more to help so that is fantastic. i hadn't thought of other services but it's worth looking into.