View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

Thanks guyinNC.
I remember in the very beginning of my trying to get my act together (as I thought of it back then, didn't use the word "recovery"), it was so hard for me to know what a boundary was, let alone how to even begin to apply it.
This is why I wish I had dated the paper. There was also another paper that I had titled "Things to work on" and had some things that I wanted to improve on about myself and my actions. As I re-read it, I saw some that I've done really well on - and others that I still need a lot of work on.
I had started a journal not long after Ah had moved out. I threw it out about a month or so after he'd left as it just seemed so depressing. I sometimes wish I had it still and had continued it so that I could see how much I've grown - but at the same time, maybe it's good that I didn't. Maybe I threw it out for a reason that is beyond my knowing.
Regardless, as I said, I just thought maybe this could help out a newbie or two. I know that boundaries are so very hard when you've never really had any.