Thread: Cravings
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 10:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Originally Posted by oldwriter View Post
Approaching Night Four again. I made it to Night Eight and crashed on Thanksgiving day and then the following Friday and Saturday.

For me, it's worse when there are various "triggers" around (I hate the term since it's used way too much, but in this case, it's the best word I've got).

If I'm home in the evening and nothing's going on, I drink decaf tea, keep busy, and then go to bed. Pretty much easy-peasy.

Weekends are hard because the AV says "It's the weekend. Relax with a few drinks."

I was scheduled for the next day for a second interview for a job I really wanted and it was with the company's CEO. My wife had made spaghetti sauce and left an open bottle of wine in the pantry. She was out. I was alone and I was stressed. The AV was working on my really hard and I was begging God to get it off my back.

Somehow, I managed to get busy doing something, time passed, then it was time to go to bed...and I didn't give in and have a drink. I was going nuts for a while but then it was okay.

Oh, I met with the CEO and he offered me the job.

Not to say I won't screw up a day or a week from now, and the AV is always in the back of my mind, but it helps to watch those situations that really set you off and try to, if not avoid them, manage them in some respect.

I'm a total newbie at this, but it helps me to observe myself and see where my strengths and weaknesses lie.
That is a wonderful positive outcome! Congratulations!! Sobriety will bring you many more.