View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by Anarock View Post
I wish this would work for me! But I really have to watch what I eat and count calories in order not to gain weight.
I can’t sub food in all the time.
I was doing it and gained so much weight. Being obese is just as bad as drinking.
I have this problem as well, but I can trace all of my alcohol cravings to hunger. If that’s the case for you then that has to be worked out. Drugs and alcohol aren’t a solution to avoid eating.

Drink instead of eating and you’ll end up yellow, swollen and bleeding internally in the hospital wishing you could qualify for a liver transplant. Drug instead of eating you wind up dead.

The eating has to be figured out. If you have to restrict so much that you end up drinking, you have to figure out how to boost your metabolism so you can eat enough, exercise does make a difference.

I have to work out a lot in order to be able to eat enough to not crave alcohol while still avoiding weight gain. I gain weight easily, on less food than most people so I have to figure out the amount and type of activity to offset that. It’s a lot of weight training and cardio. Is that a difficult balance? Yes, but my life depends on it.