View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

I am so sorry for what brings you here and yes, what a huge messy seem to be in. I cannot even imagine the pain, confusion and fear you must be feeling. The good news is it is possible to get your life back on track. I think that when in situations such as these you really have to take things step by step to not get so overwhelmed by everything that you just give up and go back to how things were.
First things first, even if you do not feel as though you are in immediate danger the truth is you are. Things could escalate very quickly and you MUST, given his past history, prepare yourself for the worst. Please check out some of the links Anna posted and get in with someone local who can help with situations of domestic violence. It doesn't matter that the last time he hit you was 2 years ago. The fact is there is a pattern of abuse and he is very angry right now- not a good combination. You, nor your children, deserve to live this way.
Next on the list is arranging for him to get his stuff out without much emotional of physical trouble of you. You say you don't have any family around. Do you have a friend that could come open the house for him, so you could be away while he comes to get his stuff? If not, contact the local domestic abuse places and I am sure they can arrange for someone- even the police- to come and open the house for him. I don't think it would be wise for you to be there alone or with the kids when he comes. Let's just say things go fine in that he doesn't lash out at you physically, there is still the emotional factor to consider. Despite the fact that he is abusive you sound very sad about this breakup (as is normal and you have every right to your feelings) thus, watching him move out is not going to be a pleasant experience for you. You have all the time in the world to mourn and be sad AFTER the move is completed. You can come home and find his stuff gone, lock the door and find a safe place to cry and let it out. But to have to go through this with him there does not sound wise or healthy for you.
I do hope you will also find a really good counsellor to help you through this. Surviving abuse is nothing to mess around with. Nor is postpartum depression. I suffered that myself and was astounded and the depths I fell.
Sending you so much support and care, please do check back in with us.