Old 11-26-2017, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ilovepi

Hi there and welcome.

I can't believe the hardship you have to go through especially during the holidays. On top of that, you have a teenage son. I'm so sorry about everything you have to go through. It sounds like your soon to be ex-husband has more problems than just alcoholism. Alcoholism complicates a lot of things, as you know. However, it ignites most people's worst traits.

I applaud your bravery for coming to the point where you have to decided to put you and your son first. It's a really hard thing to do especially when you're married. I've struggled with different addictions throughout my life, but knowing that they hurt people made me want to change and stay sober. Not everybody gets to that point unfortunately.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like your faith is something that helps you through a lot of hard times. Do you have folks at your place of worship who can be of assistance emotionally?

You've got over 20,000 people here on this forum that will be supportive 24/7. However, it's always important to find people in the real world that can assist you and your son.

I'm really glad that you joined us. Please keep us updated. The majority of us have somebody in our family who is an addict so we understand a lot of the things you're going through, whether we identify as addicts ourselves or not.