View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
joandmelandhan

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Awwww.....it's lovely that you let her stay home today love.

Thinking....if you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in....I would keep talking to your sweety about how some people are nasty for no reason, and that's their problem....something to do with them....there are so many people we encounter through life who do this....perhaps learning to ignore this kind of behaviour is helpful? A life skill maybe?

Other than that, I would encourage her to spend more time with some of the other girls that you think are well, nicer.

I had a best friend who treated me like that from the age of 10 to 21. One holiday we went on to her parents' farm, I accidentally lost one of the white frogs we had collected and she didn't speak to me for 2 days....on a holiday, where I had no one else but her and her family.

My mother didn't really protect me at all either....I wish she would have stopped me from being friends with Suzi. It would have saved me a lot of heartache.

Sorry for the diatribe....love you lots.
Of course I don't mind Suze. It's a bit complicated because my daughter has a best friend who is wonderful but this other girl hangs round and tries to get between them. I'm trying to gently encourage them to spread their wings a little and yes that this other girl is jealous. My Melly is so lovely she feels bad leaving the other girl out to her own detriment.....ugh girls are difficult little creatures!
So we shall see how it pans out I guess but I've got my eyes and ears open.
Must admit it was nice spending today with her!