View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
FREEOWL!!! Both your posts are me!
I use all my free time online! GOT to CHANGE.
It has crept up on me.... the past decade of increasingly-prevalent online access has made it worse and worse.

Honeslty, Facebook and Instagram and checking emails and even here at SR - together combined form another addiction I need to address. This one's super-tricky because in the modern world it is becoming next to impossible to simply NOT do technology. Particularly when you work in it.

That said - I may have to ultimately just disconnect from some things altogether. Some days, I have a little success in 'moderating' on social platforms. Other days, I find myself just scrolling mindlessly and reading stuff and liking stuff and pointlessly wasting hours.

Sure, it's not "as bad" as alcohol or drugs inasmuch as I'm not hungover or in jail.... but it's still robbing me of the experience of life and sucking up precious time.

UGH.

And with that statement - I'm signing off SR for now, too because I've spent too long scrolling and reading and commenting here today. I'm shutting down facebook, because I've been on it too long today already.

And I'm gonna get to the gym today. And a walk.