View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ilovepi

I'm glad that you are working on getting things under control. I definitely believe that you also can do this. Keep coming back to this form for support and questions. Whether it's three small glasses a night of Chardonnay or a couple liters of vodka, everyone here is rooting for everybody else to succeed. Whatever their goals are.

Keep posting how the tapering is doing. It's OK to post how you're feeling, as well.

As mentioned before, hydrate and take a good multivitamin. You may get some sugar cravings. Chocolate milk helped me a lot because it was a liquid and hits your system pretty quick… Plus, it's damn delicious!

Melatonin helps with sleep.

Once you feel better, if you don't want to go the 12 step route or therapy, do something nice for yourself. Get yourself a nice haircut and buy yourself a new swanky outfit. It helps with identifying as a new, healthier you. I'm a night and weekend drinker. I don't have any children, so I found it helpful to join a gym or go to a workout class. I'm basically waking up at 5:30 and getting back home around 9 or 10 o'clock at night. I spend some time friends and family, then it's off to bed around 11 -11:30.

Keep on keeping on.