View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by greg198499 View Post
Update. So was drinking 2 to 2.5 bottles of wine a nite. Started to try a taper of 1.5 night prior to tonight. Was buzzed enough to go to bed "normal" and sleep. Went to work and got shakes had to leave terrified.

Pounded a Long Island. Shakes and anxiety subsided a bit. Bought 8 beers to begin taper in earnest. Drank 7. I was afraid if I woke up in distress I would at lease have something.

Didn't sleep at all. So I feel kinda weak a little shaky but more like the kinda shaky you get from not sleeping. I almost fell asleep a few times but actually got scared thinking is this like a DT or something?! I probably have just forgotten the feeling of "falling" asleep.

The good news is yesterday scared the hell out of me. I have literally zero desire to drink or ever get drunk again.

So in that aspect I feel comfortable with a self taper. I just want to be medically safe.

So recap.

1). Bottle and a half of wine
2). Long Island. Slowly drank 7 beers.
3). (Today) 6 beers only having one if I start feeling weird.
That doesn't really sound like you are tapering.

Drinking as soon as symptoms of withdrawal start is just drinking. Withdrawal is uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable. If you can't deal with that you need medical help.

Looks like you had eight drinks yesterday? That's not even close to a taper.

I think if you can't get down to two today, go to Urgent Care.

Tapering doesn't work for everyone, be honest - you're just drinking.