View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Liz....I wonder if sales is really your thing? I know lots of brilliant people who just aren't in love with sales....And, for those people...there is no si n or criticism in that. It is just that it isn't their particular strong suit. Nothing more than that.
And, I know some successful sales people who really can't do much of anything else....
Apparently...at least from what I have seen...sales super stars are born...not made. Ya either got it or not....at baseline....

I predict that you will use your current education and skills in another area that you really shine in....and, you will look back and be glad for this temporary bump in the road....

This happens to the best of us....
Yes, it does, and I'm trying hard not to wallow in it. What bugs me the most about this job is that I LOVE helping people feel better about their finances and teaching them about their options, teaching them about other ways to save and to beat inflation, etc. But, I hate the sales side of things. The job required me to not only be trained in finance, economics, and investing, but also in being able to sell myself and the company and to be able to close business. It is a very difficult job and I'm not upset at myself because I know I tried and I know I put myself out there and that I did things that were way out of my own comfort zone.

I'm meeting with a friend from a bank today. She used to work with me at the other firm I left and she has been very happy at this bank. She told me her boss may have a high level admin job that requires my licensing and she said they need a rep at one of their branches as a financial advisor. The good thing about banks is that you don't have to generate much of your own leads like I did before. They bring you the leads and there is a higher base salary, as well.

I'm finishing my resume today. Taking myself on a much needed hike in a few minutes. Applying for unemployment. My bf said he will add me to his insurance since the company has me listed as his domestic partner so I won't have to worry about insurance either.

And, of course, I'll be researching jobs in my area for the next few days, as well. I also have a phone meeting with a recruiter next Tuesday. I don't waste time and I'm not planning on being lazy about this. I still have some money in savings thank goodness. My car is paid off and I only have a few thousand dollars on credit cards. I'll be OK as long as I find something in the next 2-3 months.