View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 01:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Newme84

50 hours since my last drink

Hello all , I signed up for this forum as a truth for myself that admitting I have an addiction to alcohol . I am a 33 year old female who use to drink a bottle and a half of wine daily .. I was deeply depressed .. I had two little kids and a husband who didn’t help me with anything so I chose to fall asleep every night with alcohol .... I left the wine alone for a year , but have changed to 5 miniature vodkas a night for a year .. I am over it ... it has gotten me nowhere e but high blood pressure episodes , vomiting from time to time and downright tired ... I am tired of depending on alcohol as a self medicating method ... I have two kids that need me and I want to be the best mom for them .. my kids have never seen me drink as I always did it when they were asleep .. but I wake up miserable with hangovers .. my dad suffers fro mental illness and I take care of him , my husband is a truck driver and never around ... I fell in a slump .. but I am over feeling sorry for myself ... This is my first step of being a better me .... I haven’t had a drink in 50 hours , and I experience the rapid heart rate and anxiety ... and the shaky legs ... I have been scared with no one to talk about it with , but I’m not giving up ! Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts ! Having you all is a great thought that I am not alone in this