Notices

50 hours since my last drink

Old 11-15-2017, 01:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

50 hours since my last drink

Hello all , I signed up for this forum as a truth for myself that admitting I have an addiction to alcohol . I am a 33 year old female who use to drink a bottle and a half of wine daily .. I was deeply depressed .. I had two little kids and a husband who didn’t help me with anything so I chose to fall asleep every night with alcohol .... I left the wine alone for a year , but have changed to 5 miniature vodkas a night for a year .. I am over it ... it has gotten me nowhere e but high blood pressure episodes , vomiting from time to time and downright tired ... I am tired of depending on alcohol as a self medicating method ... I have two kids that need me and I want to be the best mom for them .. my kids have never seen me drink as I always did it when they were asleep .. but I wake up miserable with hangovers .. my dad suffers fro mental illness and I take care of him , my husband is a truck driver and never around ... I fell in a slump .. but I am over feeling sorry for myself ... This is my first step of being a better me .... I haven’t had a drink in 50 hours , and I experience the rapid heart rate and anxiety ... and the shaky legs ... I have been scared with no one to talk about it with , but I’m not giving up ! Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts ! Having you all is a great thought that I am not alone in this
Old 11-15-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, Newme.
Glad you are here.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Newme, this is the place to be. there is so much support and awesome advice on here this site will help you.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Welcome, Newme.
Glad you are here.
Thank you very much
Old 11-15-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newme84 View Post
Hello all , I signed up for this forum as a truth for myself that admitting I have an addiction to alcohol . I am a 33 year old female who use to drink a bottle and a half of wine daily .. I was deeply depressed .. I had two little kids and a husband who didn’t help me with anything so I chose to fall asleep every night with alcohol .... I left the wine alone for a year , but have changed to 5 miniature vodkas a night for a year .. I am over it ... it has gotten me nowhere e but high blood pressure episodes , vomiting from time to time and downright tired ... I am tired of depending on alcohol as a self medicating method ... I have two kids that need me and I want to be the best mom for them .. my kids have never seen me drink as I always did it when they were asleep .. but I wake up miserable with hangovers .. my dad suffers fro mental illness and I take care of him , my husband is a truck driver and never around ... I fell in a slump .. but I am over feeling sorry for myself ... This is my first step of being a better me .... I haven’t had a drink in 50 hours , and I experience the rapid heart rate and anxiety ... and the shaky legs ... I have been scared with no one to talk about it with , but I’m not giving up ! Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts ! Having you all is a great thought that I am not alone in this
Hang in there we can do this!! I am praying for you. I love reading about the things people don’t miss that have some time being sober. It really woke me up. I’m right there with you 2 + bottles a day and kids. I still got up every morning but sure felt like crap. I’m so tired of it. I have never ever been good at havin a glass, on glass tastes like more and more. This place site has given me the feeling of a team to help. I will cheer you on even though I’m new in this too, day 6.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We have all been there and done it, so you are certainly in the right place. Lots of great people here and great advice. Stay strong and you CAN do this!!
Old 11-15-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The opposite of addiction is connection.

I drank two bottles of wine a day, more during binges. I am on Day 20 now and it's a whole new world. Stick with it, you CAN do it and you will feel so much better physically and mentally. Keep posting here and watch out for Wolfie, your AV, he will try and creep back into your life, but don't let him in. Never again.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome, Newme! You have come to a very supportive place! Glad you are here!
Old 11-15-2017, 12:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 24violets View Post
Hang in there we can do this!! I am praying for you. I love reading about the things people don’t miss that have some time being sober. It really woke me up. I’m right there with you 2 + bottles a day and kids. I still got up every morning but sure felt like crap. I’m so tired of it. I have never ever been good at havin a glass, on glass tastes like more and more. This place site has given me the feeling of a team to help. I will cheer you on even though I’m new in this too, day 6.
Thank you for your kind words ! And congrats on your achievement ! We got this !!
Old 11-15-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Welcome, Newme! You have come to a very supportive place! Glad you are here!
Thank you so much
Old 11-15-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 24violets View Post
Thank you so much v ! Congrats to you ! I’m cheering you on as well
Old 11-15-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinnacleOR View Post
I drank two bottles of wine a day, more during binges. I am on Day 20 now and it's a whole new world. Stick with it, you CAN do it and you will feel so much better physically and mentally. Keep posting here and watch out for Wolfie, your AV, he will try and creep back into your life, but don't let him in. Never again.
Congrats on your journey !! And thanks for your support !!
Old 11-15-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Newme, you are not alone, you can talk to us anytime
Old 11-15-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You are definitely not alone!

Why don't you join us on the November thread (assuming you haven't already)? A daily check in is a good addition to the day.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome...the longer you stay sober...the easier it gets!
Old 11-15-2017, 06:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

32 days sober here, welcome. Looks like a lot of people decided to get sober in the fall! Congrats on your sober time!
Old 11-15-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to meet you, newme. I had been drinking 30 yrs when I came here - it was part of everything I did. The encouragement I found at SR helped me change my life. Not feeling all alone in the struggle meant everything. We all know what you're going through - and we're with you.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Newme

You will feel a lot better shortly. I promise the anxiety will more than likely improve in the next few days. You're mind will clear and you will have more energy and focus to attack your job and focus on your children. I'm 39 and have drank disgustingly heavy amounts. The anxiety is the worst hang in there it will be gone shortly
Old 11-16-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome newme - hows it going today?

D