View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
corriec

Can we help someone avoid a relapse?

The more people that show they care, the less the chance of one of us relapsing. That's just my opinion, but I do think it is a valid one. If four or five SR members show their solidarity with one who is struggling with his/her demon right then, the chances of that person/friend relapsing is way smaller; if a hundred of us SR's show our support, the chances of a relapse are way-way-wayyy smaller. Strength in numbers, as they say.
So why are we not doing it then? Why don't we support people who have a very REAL problem - like all of us - and show that person we care. Why do people post a cry for help, and two or three days later, they have received eight or nine replies; but four or five hundred views? And yes, I know the difference between the two; also the difference between a visitor and a member.
I'm just as guilty as anybody else when it comes to "Replies" on posts, but as of now, I am going to try and be more actively supporting.
I know that this post probably won't make one little bit of difference, but it was just something I thought should be addressed. Taking an hour out to write something which should find rapport with hundreds of us, and receiving five or six replies - although gratifying in a sense; Thank You!! - is somewhat disheartening.
Post AND reply, I say! Tell us your heartaches and struggles; share with us and let us share with you.

Just my two cents worth.